How to Play Roulette Online
The origin of Roulette as we know it today is believed to date back to the 17th century. Although it has gone through some changes in the last 300 years of its existence, the general premise of the game has remained largely the same.
Several different variants have emerged with each offering its unique twist to ramp up the excitement levels. But, regardless of the specific type of roulette game you play, the same basic principles apply whether you choose to play at a gambling website or a land-based gaming parlor somewhere out of the country.
As you very well may know, gambling in India is prohibited by federal law. This, however, applies to land-based gambling and not online. So, you can play Roulette online in India without worrying about breaking any laws.
With that brief background, let’s get into how to play roulette online at the Parimatch official site. For the sake of this guide, we’ll use the American Roulette variant to explain how to play the game, before going through the differences that exist between the different variations of Roulette.
Parts of the Game
Here’s a brief overview of the parts of the game you should familiarize yourself with, as well as their respective functions.
The first thing you need to understand is the role that the online Roulette wheel plays in the game. Roulette is French for “little wheel”. It is the battlefield, judge, and jury in this game of chance.
It is the nuances in this little wheel – so to speak – that give rise to all the different versions of Roulette, when you’re playing the American, European, or French variant of the game.
The American Roulette wheel is circular with a total of 38 pockets. There are the black and red pockets labeled 1 to 36, and two green ones labeled 0 and 00. There are no adjacent numbers on the wheel that are the same color, nor are there consecutive numbers adjacent to each other. They do, however, alternate from red to black.
The French and European Roulette online wheel, on the other hand, has a total of 37 pockets. They’re labeled 1 to 36, and a single green pocket that’s labeled 0. The effect of this single zero significantly decreases the house edge in the long run. You will see why in a moment.
The next thing you need to understand is the table. Since the wheel has 36 numbers, the table is divided into three columns each of which has 12 numbers. Now, each of these numbers mirrors a number on the Roulette wheel.
At the top of the columns, you’ll find the places to bet on the green 0 and 00. Along the length of the table are boxes labeled “Even” and “Odd”. Adjacent to these, are diamonds colored red and black.
There are also boxes next to these that indicate betting on the numbers 1 to 18, and numbers 19 to 36. At the bottom of the table’s three columns are three areas each of which indicates to place “2 to 1” bets.
At any given point, up to eight players can play Roulette at the same time. Each gambler has to place a bet against the casino. This is represented by the dealer spinning the wheel, or croupier as they are sometimes called, once all the participating players have placed their bets.
Bets are placed in one of three ways. The applicable method depends on the rules of the casino you’re playing at.
The first method involves placing chips on the table as per the bet you want to place. This would all be happening virtually of course. For outside bets, the chips would be in the general area you want to bet. For inside bets, on the other hand, the chips would be placed directly on a number inside the grid. This is what is used in online casinos.
The second method is what is known as an “announced bet”. In this technique, rather than place your chips on the Roulette table grid, you announce your bet to the dealer. You would then have to put down the required amount of money once the croupier verbally acknowledges your bet.
The third method isn’t as common and is considered illegal in most countries. It is referred to as a “called bet”. It works much in the same way as an announced bet except for the fact that the player in question doesn’t have to back it up with actual money. It works like a credit of sorts.
Naturally, it makes sense that method 1 is what you’ll find in most online casinos. Method 2 may also be used when playing Roulette live on online gambling sites.
How to Place a Bet
When you play Roulette online free or for real money you’re allowed to make multiple bets during each spin. Here are a couple of ways you can place a bet on Roulette Parimatch.
- Straight bet – This involves betting on a single number. Payouts for these are usually 35:1
- Split bet – This involves betting on two numbers that are adjacent to each other. Payouts for split bets are usually 17:1
- Street bet – This involves betting on three consecutive numbers on a horizontal line. The payouts here are usually 11:1
- Corner bet – This involves betting on four numbers in a block form. The payout is usually 8:1 for corner bets
- Five-number bet – The only five numbers bet you’re allowed to place are 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3. Keep in mind that this particular bet raises the house advantage to a whopping 7% or more. It is, therefore, not recommended. If you do win this bet, the payout is 6:1.
- Line bet – This involves betting on six different numbers that appear on two adjacent rows. The payout is 5:1.
- Column bet – This involves betting on any one of the three vertical columns. The payout for this type of bet is 2:1.
- Dozen bet – This involves betting on the 12 numbers of each of three groups: 1 to 12, 13 to 24, and 25 to 36. The payout here is usually 2:1.
- Even money bet – This involves placing a bet on any odd or even number; red or black number; low (1 to 18) or high (19 to 36) number. The payout for these is usually 1:1.
Spinning the Wheel
As the wheel spins, the croupier introduces a small ball that spins over it in the opposite direction. Eventually, the ball lands in a specific numbered and colored pocket. The dealer then places a dolly on the corresponding number on the Roulette table to mark it. The whole point of placing these bets is to predict where the ball will land. If it lands on the winning number you predicted, your bet wins and your payout is in the ratio of the corresponding wager you placed.
The Effect of the 0 and 00
As mentioned before French and European Roulette wheels have a single 0 green pocket while the American versions have two slots – 0 and 00. The whole idea behind them is to give the casino operator an edge.
Ideally, you can bet on 0 or 00 just like you would on any other single number on the table. The payout you would get is a massive 35:1. The issue comes in if you didn’t bet on it and the ball happens to fall in this pocket.
If that happens then the casino won’t pay on many wagers like column, dozen, and even money bets. It makes sense if you think about it since it’s a way for the casino to make money.
Now, you can immediately see why playing American Roulette, which has – not one but two zero (0 and 00) pockets, puts the house at an even greater advantage. After all, the casino is in the business of making money.
Play Online Free Roulette at Parimatch
Anytime you’re playing casino games online, it is always a great idea to test out the games for free before betting with real money. It provides a great way to get a feel for the game without risking your cash balance while you’re at it.
The demo version of casino games exists for this very purpose. To play Roulette online for free at Parimatch, here’s what you need to do:
- Visit the official website and click on the yellow Sign Up button.
- Complete the new customer registration process. Once you deposit funds to your account, you’re entitled to a Parimatch casino bonus of up to ₹210,000, in addition to free spins on selected slots.
- If you’re an existing customer, simply sign in using your login credentials.
- Then, navigate to the casino section of Parimatch, click on the filter menu, and select table games.
- Click on Roulette and then select the specific variant you want to play from the several listed there.
- Select Demo to play the game for free to get a real feel for it, and to better understand the rules unique to it.
Keep in mind that any amount you win when you play games in demo mode will not increase bankroll balance since it is not real cash you’re playing with.
Play Roulette for Real Money at Parimatch
Once you’ve decided on the version of Roulette you want to play based on the features and overall experience you had while playing the free demo version of it, you’re now ready to play with real cash.
The great thing about it is that the Parimatch payment system accepts deposits and withdrawals made in Indian Rupees, using a variety of payment methods like – Visa and MasterCard debit and credit card. Not many other online casinos support payments made in this currency.
Some online Roulette games have a progressive jackpot that could win you loads of cash. To play Roulette for real money at Parimatch:
- Visit the official Parimatch online casino website
- Select the value of the chip you want to bet
- Then select the area of the Roulette table to bet on based on the different types of bets that exist. We covered this in the “How to place a bet”
- Click on the Spin icon to spin the wheel and wait for the ball to land in a specific pocket. A dolly will appear on the corresponding number on the Roulette table.
- If that happened to be your prediction, then your bet wins in the ratio corresponding to the type of bet you had placed initially.
A winning strategy to adopt when you play online Roulette for real money at Parimatch is to understand the odds. While it is possible to make a ton of money by placing a single bet, the chances are greatly reduced.
A better strategy would be to bet smaller amounts on many numbers to increase your odds of success. Be sure to keep an eye on your bankroll while you’re at it. This strategy will certainly work to stretch it longer. Once it runs out, stop playing!
Is Roulette Legal in India
As exciting of a game it may be, a question that players in India often ask is whether or not it is legal to play Roulette in the country. Well, it depends on where you’re playing it.
If you engage in gambling activities in a physical gambling parlor or any other land-based establishment, this could land you in quite a bit of trouble. However, the law in India doesn’t prohibit online gambling.
So, you can play Roulette online at a legal site like Parimatch without the risk of breaking any laws. Parimatch is licensed by the Curacao E-gaming Licensing Authority to operate in several jurisdictions across the world – including India.
Online Roulette is a fun and thrilling game to play if you’re looking to pump up your adrenaline. It is a pretty straightforward game with high payout ratios if you win. And, with so many ways to do so, it’s no wonder Roulette is one of the most popular online casino games in the world.
Play Parimatch Roulette for free or for real money at the live casino section of the gambling site, or the video version against a computer dealer. The choice is yours. Best of luck!